"Hey man, take my picture!"
"I can’t do it. It’s too dark."
"Yeah, we need some light. Let’s go over there."
"Are you homeless?"
"Yes, I am."
"How long have you been homeless?"
"15 years. I’ve been in Boston 8 months. Before that I was in Washington, Virginia, New York, Philadelphia, Louisiana, Florida…"
"Why didn’t you stay in Florida? It’s so much warmer."
"I wanted to see my family. But they don’t want to see me. They don’t understand depression. They treat me like dirt. Homeless people treat me better than my family."
"And what happened 15 years ago? How did you end up on the streets?"
"I tried to burn myself twice. I had 30 surgeries. I was dead two times, but God brought me back. I don’t know why."
"And why did you do it?"
"I was depressed. Why you crying?"
"Because you are a beautiful person, and my family is really messed up, and I’ve been very depressed. I think I can understand you."
"Yes, I am a good person. And when you take people’s pictures, don’t disrespect them."
"No, man, I won’t. I like people. That’s why I take their pictures."
"And when you make your portfolio, don’t denigrate people. Let the pictures speak for themselves."
"I will. Are you safe on the streets?"
"Yes, I am…And now I have $8 to buy me some food."
"That’s all I have. Next time I see you, I will give you more."
"No, man. It ain’t all about money. Give me a hug. And next time you see me, give me a hug again. And thanks for taking my picture."
I can’t hear you, I’m wearing my jacuzzi suit!
It’s 2014. Why aren’t these real.
"Oh look, it is an human! I must do something cute for them.
Did you see it?
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
Captain is too damn cute.
- “Eat” the damn Play-doh cookies.
- Slurp the invisible soup.
- Pretend that they’re not causing grievous bodily harm as they “brush” your hair.
- Always be serious when asked what you’d like for dinner, and never say something silly like rabbit soup. Because they will go get their stuffed one off the bed, put it in your best pot, and fill said pot with water. Then place it on your desk.
- Greet their make believe friends and ask how their day was.
- Always kiss the teddy bear goodnight. It has feelings too.
- Always pretend to die when they shoot you.
- If you are having a fake war with them and you shoot them and they say they can’t die because they are invincible, you don’t shoot them again, because they are invincible.
- Yes, their drawing does look like a butterfly, not a bunch of jumbled up lines.
- Them pounding on the piano is the best thing you have ever heard.
no but seriously it’s very important to a child’s development to not be shut down by parents and other caregivers